I know there is never an easy answer. I know Dylan is enjoying preschool and thriving! I know I will get the hang of this software and get through this project. It's not the first challenge I've faced in my career and certainly won't be my last. I know we are doing really well at juggling our new schedule and it will continue to improve.
So, instead of continuing my pity party, I decided to list 5 positive things this week ...
- Flexibility for both Trent & me in our work schedules that we could keep Dylan home from school on Monday when he was sick (3rd ear infection - really, that is lucky that we've only had 3 ever!).
- New HVAC system installed. Still seeing $$ signs, but so worth it. I know I'll be especially thankfully when the heat & humidity come in a few months.
- Extra hour of daylight in the evenings plus warmer weather that equaled walks 2 nights before dinner.
- Harris Teeter online groceries. One less thing I have to do and this week it equaled easy prescription pick ups for Dylan and me plus his medicine was free with my VIC card.
- Dylan started soccer at school. He's very excited and was proudly showing us his new t-shirt.
- We have managed dinner at home every night and only one of those was of leftovers from the freezer. Our one meal out was a lunch date on Tuesday for Trent & me which is going to be a regular occurrence (admittedly it took a blocked out time on both our work calendars to make it happen).
Ok, so that was 5 + 1 positive things. :) Good sign when I find I overwrite the list. And, the weekend is just a few work hours away with a fantastic forecast (hello, 70s + sun). What was that about the blues?